Areas of Operation / Activity Details
The PMR Research Centre has been involved directly in various activities since its inception. The activities are primarily focused on Mother and Child—Health, nutrition, population stabilization and empowerment of women being the priority sectors.
The organization works in different states—both in rural areas and urban slums and disaster-affected areas. These are Delhi, Haryana, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Himachal Pradesh. Cancer awareness—detection and prevention and HIV/AIDS are other areas of interventions. In the field of empowerment, the organization, besides providing reproductive health education to adolescent girls/young women, income generating activities are also taken up to empower women economically. The details of the same are listed below:
The following projects have been successfully implemented by the organization in areas of MCH, family planning, nutrition and disaster management vis-à-vis Restoration of mother and child health services:
Networking and other activities
PMR Research Centre has been engaged in various Nutritious Health related aspects along with economical and FW/MCH programmes in JJ Clusters of Delhi Dehat. PMR Research centre has the motto and belief that “cooperation is the essential condition for development” and to fulfill this, PMR research centre is engaged in the following activities:
Interaction and cooperation with other NGOs, Government, Non-Government, National and International Agencies viz.
IEC activities for Health, hygiene, Cancer and HIV/AIDS Awareness
PMR is running a static clinic in Tuglakabad and adjoining JJ cluster since 1992. Routine screening for cancer is being done since 1992 by the LMO and special cancer detection programme is also being conducted on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays every week by the Gynae. Consultant and physician of PMR. HIV/AIDS awareness is also being carried out from the same centre in collaboration with Delhi State AIDS Control Society on Partnership basis from time to time.
- PMR-Foerderverein e.V. Germany
- Vidya Bharti Foundation (Regd.), Shankara Vidya Kendra founded with the blessings of Jagadguru Shankaracharya Dakshinamnya Sri Sharda Peetham Sringeri.
- Servants of the People’s Society, Lajpat Bhawan, New Delhi
- Lok Jeewan Vikas Bharati (Regd.) Budha Kedarnath, Thati via Ghansali_Tehri Garhwal (UP) in providing medical consultation services, matters relating to the promotion of MCH, immunization and small family norms.
- Directorate of Family Welfare,Govt. of N.C.T. of Delhi
- Government of India Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, implementing a Family Welfare and MCH Programme alongwith Family Welfare Centre Schemes and universal immunization scheme.
- Delhi AIDS Control Societyi,Govt.of N.C.T. of Delhi
Economical aspects, greatly relevant to the nutrition and as such health
Women empowerment - through stitching & sewing centre